Monday, April 9, 2018

two years later.

Give me something I can use. 


More than a belly growl, a feral hunger. Give me an idea, a lyric, a hook. Something that will stick. Sink in. 


I'm coming up empty, but I know I've got more to say. It's buried, maybe deeply. But it's down there. I've gotten good at kicking dirt over pain. 


I'm trying to wake a sleeping giant. My soul and spirit, slowing twining back toward my body, in whorls and whispers. 


You ever feel far away from yourself? Not just out of joint with your body, but with the way a healthy you would think and behave? 


I'm there. 


It's like a morbid complacency strung together by one lazy, numbing act to another. 


I used to have more energy flowing through me. Not just my body, but my mind. It's like I've gone slack-jaw, heavy. 


I want to burst out of this body I've imprisoned myself in. Kick it off life a cocoon. 


Thinking about changing what I'm doing, improving it step by step, coming back into it like the home it is- just sounds so exhausting. 

1 comment: