Saturday, December 4, 2010

and another christmas season is upon us...

Its official. It's Christmas time in the Midweast, where we celebrate to the extreme each of the four seasons and the holidays throughout the year. Weather considered, you can't beat summer time, but Christmas is probably my favorite time of the year. Waking up to snow covering the ground and the roads makes me feel claustrophobic. I just panic about not begin able to get places i need to be, considering that i'm about as good of a driver as Sara. Fortunately, its the weekend and I have absolutely zero obligation for 48 hours.


It's also the time of year to feel really restless and try to make deals with your friends that you're going to start working out, but you just start a blog instead. Brain exercise has got to be a better alternative to physical pain. You can get away with hibernating MOST of the winter, especially with a bottle of beam and a good book, but at some point you feel the urge to bust out and i dont know...venture down the rabbit hole? Sometimes that urge leads you to hit up the local winery for hippie music and wine to-go, pitchers of peach long islands, verbal arguments with random dudes at the pub about unions and other rabbit hole mischief. This particular rabbit hole night, we walked all the way back to the car, sat there and talked about how ridiculous it would be if we even tried to drive, then used the gps to walk to Beth's, where sara made eggs and let me fall asleep with my scarf and coat on.


If winter didn't last so long we would probably be a lot better behaved. November to March is entirely too long. There is, however, the opportunity to go sledding. Even better, sledding and drinking. I can't decide right now which is better, canoeing in the summer or sledding in the winter...but i guess if you add skiing and snowboarding to sledding, it wins. My one and only feeble attempt at (back-yard) snowboarding followed a trip to abscond some Pall Malls and half a bottle of vodka from someone's grandparents house. Definitely not my own. After we got all sauced and decided winter xgames were a good idea. I woke up with an incredibly sore back and my friend had peed her snowsuit.


Hopefully this winter can bring as many opportunities for scheming and plotting as last year did. There's no doubt we will get snowed in several times and I will definitely panic most of the winter driving to work. I don't like slush, you never know where its frozen and i like to drive fast. Snowy, slushy roads are very common. I really hate driving in the winter, now that I think of it. I just unsuccessfully tried to convince co-blogger Scott to take me to breakfast. I cant decide if i feel stronger about the bagel or not driving in the snow.


I think this is going to have to be it for now. I'm as excited as everyone else will be about this getting better and better.


Here's to a looong three and a half more months of snowy slushy winter full of diabolical debauchary, and to the new blog.


Landlocked and loaded. Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment