Wednesday, August 29, 2012

deep breath.

I just finished my first week of grad school and it was totally fine! 

Read that with a note of surprise in my tone. 

Because I have been FREAKING OUT. 

Like, walk past the restaurant you're about to enter to order food from three times before working up the nerve to go in and order because you're doubting every decision you've ever made and your ability to interact with people, that kind of anxiety.

But with the help of a few pep talks and some extreme sweating on the walk to my first class, I managed. I went in and sat down and listened and learned and suddenly all my anxiety seems a tad unfounded. 

It's going to be a ton, A TON, of work- but I'm actually kind of thrilled about it. 

Minus the recording audio and video of myself interviewing people and then having to play it back for the class and my professor to critique, because I really hate the sound of my own voice. 

But right now, I'm not going to fret about that. I made it through my first week of classes. 

Deep breath of relief. I've got work to do. 

 

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I know, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm constantly questioning if I've made the right decision since said decision impacts other important parts of my life. I can't even imagine how much more anxious I'd be if I had to move for my program, so kudos to you! Are you comfortable disclosing what you're studying?

    I was so happy to get the first week out of the way. A lot of work and again, I'm all, how will I be able to do everything else I need/want to do, ie: see my boyfriend who lives 6 hours away. It's scary and exciting all at the same time. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!! Don't stress, it's a big accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete