Thursday, May 5, 2011

boom goes the dynamite.

HEY KIDDOS!

THIS POST IS GOING TO BE ALL IN CAPITALS AND YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHY LATER.
 


BASICALLY, I JUST DECIDED 10 MINUTES AGO THAT TODAY IS MY FRIDAY AND I'M NOT WORKING TOMORROW.



YOU KNOW WHY?



BECAUSE TOMORROW, I'M MEETING MY IDOL AND FAVORITE PERSON, THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD, MR BARACK OBAMA.



SHITTTTT, RIGHT?
 


YEAH. HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT. 


WHAT I HAVEN'T TOLD YOU YET IS THAT A FEW WEEKS AGO MR. OBAMA POPPED UP ON MY MINI FEED WITH SOMETHING ABOUT SUMMER ORGANIZING VOLUNTEERS. SO, I MOSEYED ON OVER TO HIS WEBSITE AND IT WAS THE VERY LAST DAY TO APPLY, SO I HALF-ASSEDLY APPLIED TO THIS PROGRAM ON MY LUNCH BREAK WITHOUT REALLY KNOWING WHAT IT WAS.

ok that was annoying.

much better no caps.


anyway, i forgot about it until sunday, when this guy from the program calls and wants to interview me. so we interview tuesday and i find out they'll work around my work schedule. so i get kind of excited. and then i find out over 140 people applied for 20 spots. so i'm like, whatever, i'm totally not getting into this program. which, whatever, i didn't even know what it was when i applied for it. but, bummer because it sounded pretty badass and although this isn't a political blog and never will be, i'm a hugely political person. 


so, whatever. more time to get drunk with my friends and rage this summer, i'll manage.


until i get an email this morning telling me i'm in and they're giving ten of us tickets to go see obama tomorrow from 10:30 to 1 here in this very city.  so i email back real quick and i find out I'M IN.

IM FUCKING IN!


BOOYA.



Grinning ear to ear.

XO Sara

2 comments:

  1. That is honestly just so AWESOME! Congrats! :-D

    Tell Mr. Obama that I say "hi" to him.

    -Barb the French Bean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had a great time. It's not every day I get offers to share air with super important people!

    ReplyDelete