Monday, July 23, 2012

sweeth tooth thriftstore diy fairy.



I'm almost fully consumed with packing right now, for the most part. I just downed three, ok four, snack sized Kit-Kats  in less time than it takes most people to work out a sneeze, so in a word, I'm hormonal as well.
 
 
I've got LESS than three full days left at work, which makes me want to dance a little jig on top of a rooftop in a crowded metropolitan area for all to see, but I'm not letting myself near crowds or rooftops right now because I'm anxious enough as is. And have I mentioned that my core four group of girlfriends will be reunited this weekend? Yeah, that's happening. Katherine has been in Korea for a year and Jessica's been in Portland but it moving to Finland for two years. So this will be IT for a while. A long while. It's going to be really, really intense.
 


last summer, the last time we were all together. we're taking it back to basics saturday night.


This weekend I spent the majority of my waking hours in thrift stores with my mother, which was good because we really needed at least one really solid day together before I leave. We're hit or miss, but this weekend was very much a hit, so hooray!
 
 
 I also had baller luck in the buying department. I purchased a pair of chairs for twenty dollars(!) which I'm reapolstering, and a small-ish table that I'll be painting for eighteen dollars (double !!) and I am absolutely brimming with anticipation at seeing them together as a set in my new sun-soaked dining nook.
 
 
I also ought some little odds and ends to add a bit of character, and I'm super psyched to show them off soon. All in all, I didn't spent a ton of money, which was a major bonus and I got to make a project out of my new dining set, which is both masochistic with time running so short and perfect for me because, in case you didn't know, I'm a bit of a  freak about personalzing/DIYing my things and I'm nothing if not overwhelmed with activities.
 
 
My newest furniture additions are below. Updates to come!

blah. imagine it the same, only different! confused?
how cute is the chair? how disgusting is the seat? what the hell.
i've never been happier to rip off a cushion in my life. that shit was HIDEOUS.

2 comments:

  1. It's okay, Kit Kats are very addicting!

    Good on you for saving those chairs too, I agree the green was ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing DIY stuff like that! When I was moving out of the dorm from school and into my first apartment, I found a crappy bedside table on the street, took it home, painted it, and added new pulls, and it's still living next to my bed. I also reupholstered a chair I found on the sidewalk. Hope the move went well!!

    ReplyDelete