Sunday, August 17, 2014

butter is the true hero here.

I'm on the move again dudes and dudettes. 

I can't believe that I've lived in my current domicile for over a year, it truly boggles my mind how fast the time has gone. It seems like just yesterday we were dancing around to Paul Simon and drinking beers on the back deck. Okay, that was yesterday, but still. 

 Which brings me to my next point, why do I keep doing this to myself? Packing is the worst thing in the world. Worse than doing dishes, getting a root canal, and cooking for one combined. I'm moving less than a half a mile away, into my own place, but I still can't really conceive how all of my crap is going to get from point A to point B. And lets not even go into how I have like 20 dollars for the next two weeks thanks to putting down a deposit and signing a lease in the middle of the month. Woof. (I'm trying the 'woof' thing out because my much cooler friends have been saying it lately to express distaste. Or at least I think it's to express distaste. They're so much cooler, sometimes I don't know for sure.)

Despite the hassle of carting my shit around, I'm pretty excited about my new apartment. It's in an old historical building and, not to brag, but Teddy fucking Roosevelt stayed there once. At least I think that's what my landlord said. He said a lot of things. And I had to sign both mold and lead paint waivers. Plus it's called the Sacajawea Lodge, or just The Sac, which I find hilarious because I'm obviously still in seventh grade. 

More importantly though, how appropriate is it for me to sneak back into my old yard to harvest the vegetables I've slaved over for the past four to five months? Is that allowed? Because I clearly did all the work and I'm not about to let some rando eat all my peppers, carrots, lettuce, melons, tomatoes and broccoli. Though really, they can have the kale, beets, and zucchini, I've had my fill. Probably forever. Kale, if you're such a super food, why don't you taste better? In my opinion, butter and bacon are the true food superheroes. And whatever sauce they put in Taco Bell quesadillas. That shit is amazing.

Not that I frequent Taco Bell.  I'm an adult. Clearly. 

I pick up my keys tomorrow. Send 'you can do this' vibes. Please and thank you. 

1 comment: