Tuesday, June 7, 2011

c'mon doorman, be a sport

I'm now on day two slash three of leading a fully semi-functioning life sans cell phone or any sort of food product.

Not by choice.

And to be honest, I really hope we can call an end to both of these deprivations today because I'm getting a little shaky with hunger. And also, I haven't been in touch with virtually anyone. I FEEL SO DISCONNECTED.

But I guess it could be good in the long-run because I will be marginally thinner and look socially discerning as a result, or something. Neither of which I can honestly say have ever even registered a blip on my worry radar.

Blah, I'm hungry.

The short of it is that I got food poisoning and also I'm generally careless and left my cell phone on the eleventh floor of a building downtown that requires keycard access to the elevators. Assholes.

So, now that I'm able to scrape myself out of a horizontal position without bile spewing itself out of my body in one way or another, I'm going to mosey on downtown after work, slap on some lipstick, and hope that my still-pallid complexion makes the doorman pity me enough to buzz me up to my phone.

Wish me luck.

XO Sara

1 comment:

  1. oh my GAWD, talk about double whammy. hope you feel better soon! also that you get your phone back soon bc i'm having trouble thinking of what would be worse at this point, and sadly, i think it would be being sans phone.

    ReplyDelete