Thursday, June 30, 2011

i play favorites and july is the best.

I don't know if you've noticed, but TOMORROW IS JULY.

HOLY SWEET MOLY, IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!

That's totally what I look like when I'm jumping for joy, okay?

You know what happens in July? No? WELL LET ME INFORM YOU:

All kinds of wonderful amazingness crammed into thirty one days of melting Popsicles, canon-ball splashes, and copious hot dog consumption.

AND DID I MENTION 4th of July is my favorite holiday? Well it is. Fireworks? Um, yes please. Show me lovely fire sparks falling back down to the earth in cool patterns. Make me say ooooohh-aaaaaahhhhh- murrmurrmurrmurrrrrrrrr.

PICNICS? BASEBALL? OVERWHELMING HEATS WAVES?

Hold me, it's too much to feel.

PLUS, almost smack-dab in the middle of this fuck-yeah-fest is MY BIRTHDAY.

Presents?

For little old me?

Nahhhh.

And by "Nahhh" I mean I'd like this watch please:

yummmm.
Great, thanks.

And where will I be to mark my 25th year of falling apart and coming back together on this fair planet?

It's funny you should ask, because I actually just started firming up some plans this very morning.

My birthday weekend will begin with an end. As in, the dramatic conclusion of the Harry Potter series in cinematic drama. Yes, I'll probably cry. DON'T HASSLE ME, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY AND I'LL CRY IF I WANT TO. I'm honestly planning on going to the midnight screening with is more geek than I really thought I had in me, but if I'm going to do this thing up, I'm taking it all the way.

My brother Eric and I go see all the movies together when they come out, it's tradition. He's 18 now and nearly too old for his geriatric sister, so it will be nice to hang out with him before he's swept off to college to knock the shit out of other kids on the football field for four more years and maybe learn a little something about sports medicine. Not from experience, in the classroom.

Anyway, back to my birthday weekend.

I'M GOING TO CHICAGO! AND MANFRIEND IS COMING WITH ME. We've never been together. Yes, I find that a teeny bit odd, but it doesn't matter now because IT'S GOING DOWN.

I'll see Coll and Dev. And frolic. Lots of frolicking.

This trip is also falling on the full moon, just saying.

Anyway, I'm going to drag Manfriend all over Chicago for the weekend, carrying champagne with me the entire way. THE ENTIRE WAY. That step is pretty crucial. Luckily, I like strawberry Andre a lot, so it shouldn't be too pricey. But I can put that sweet nectar back like none-other, so we'll see.

Oh yeah, the best part?

ON MONDAY, we're dodging work and going to Wrigley Field to see the PHILLIES. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but Manfriend is probably the world's biggest Phillies fan. I don't think a day has gone back that I've NOT seen him adorned in something Phillies-related. I swear to god. He's obsessed. He loves them more than me, probably. We haven't gone to see them play together in two years, so this is going to be awesommmmmmme.

Anyway, this baseball thing has had a trickle-down effect on me over the years and so now I actually watch baseball sometimes for fun of my own free will.

I know. I know.

But seriously, WRIGLEY FIELD. Chicago. Harry Potter. Champagne. Best Friends. Lovers. Extreme heat. Hot dogs. BEER.

Boom.

July, July, you never fail me.

XO Sare

No comments:

Post a Comment