Monday, April 11, 2011

the good news is that i'm not murdered.

This weekend was exhausting. Emotionally and physically.

And then last night I decided that since it was warm and breezy, we should sleep with the windows open. Only, after trying to drift into slumberland for an hour, I was still WIDE awake, and all I could think about was how the house is only one story and one of the windows faces a busy street and oh my god what if a weirdo murderer comes and snatches me out of bed since I'm closest to that window?

So then we shut that window so that I wouldn't have to panic about it and lay wide-awake in bed all night, waiting for a violent criminal to try and steal and kill me.

But then it got super hot in a bedroom and also fucking loud from the wind hitting the now-closed windows and it's really too early to turn on the air conditioning, so I just didn't have any blankets on, but I couldn't cool down, partially because I was trying too hard and partially because I was still thinking about highway murder-men. I don't know why murderers are always men in my horrifying day/night-dreams. Maybe I'm sexist.

Shit.

So, there were some decent and even good moments this weekend, but overall, it should have been a lot better for as lovely as the weather turned out to be and the company. Man, I'm tired.

At least weekends come around ever five days or so.

XO Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment